By Olamide Babatunde
For many bank users, credit and debit cards are indisputably a
convenient payment option. It therefore needs to be protected from
being misused. . Here are few tips to ensuring the safety of your
1. Where you are being forced to use your card (with potential threat
visible) punch in your personal Identification number (PIN)
backwards . For instance if your Pin is 1234, punch in 4321. Once you
have done this the cash will be dispensed only half way out. This
means it will get STUCKED in the Machine and the Police will be
alerted unnoticeable by anyone around.
Note: All Automated Teller Machines can do this! They are built to
2. Carry only the cards you need at a time.
3. Close all transactions and get your card before you leave the spot
or begin to chat
4. Always keep your cards at an exact location away from prying eyes too.
5. Ensure the Gold plated part on the surface of your card does not
rub sharp objects or surfaces as this can damage your card and render
6. Cut off any distractions while using your cards.
7. If your cards gets misplaced , stolen or retained by the Machine,
alert your bank promptly